Women are the most important consumer demographic in terms of consumption of healthcare services and control of healthcare spending nationwide. As part of Spirit of Women®, the only national network of hospitals dedicated exclusively to harnessing the power of this demographic, you will improve both hospital financial outcomes and community health status. Learn more by contacting us.
Women as a consumer group:
- Over 21 million women will turn 50 by 2013.
- Women make 90% of healthcare decisions in the U.S.
- Women control 66% of U.S. healthcare spending and 87% of average health system revenue.
- Nationally, every 1,000 deliveries = $3.9 million in downstream revenue from subsequent inpatient/outpatient visits in the next 2-3 years.
- Women account for 60% of hospital volumes and represent over 1.3 billion cases nationally in inpatient and outpatient care – generating an estimated $200 billion toward hospital bottom lines.*
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, between 2005 and 2015, 64% of the U.S. female population will be women in non-reproductive years.
* Source: Congressional Record. Introduction of the Midlife Women’s Health Research Center Act, (1993) Winning in the Women’s Healthcare Marketplace, (2000); Society for Women’s Health Research, (2007); The Advisory Board Company (2006). Future of Women’s Services: Strategic Forecast and Investment Blueprint.