If I join Spirit of Women, can my competitors participate, too?
Do I have to use the Spirit materials exactly as provided or can I customize them?
Are there restrictions and limitations on using the Spirit of Women brand and logo on other (non-Spirit) programs and materials at my hospital?
How do I get started?
What internal staff resources will my hospital need to provide?
What kind of ongoing support does Spirit of Women provide?
How long will it take before I see a positive Return on Investment (ROI) with my Spirit of Women membership?
Can I purchase select Spirit of Women programs or is membership all-inclusive?
Besides my membership fee, what other money will I have to budget for Spirit of Women?
How does Spirit of Women engage physicians?
What is the source of the educational and clinical content for Spirit of Women programs?
Where does Spirit of Women usually “live” within the hospital?
What does Spirit do that we can’t do on our own?
- No. Spirit of Women membership is offered exclusively to one hospital per competitive market. By aligning with Spirit, your hospital carves out a competitive edge and an exclusive territory in your primary service area. No other hospitals or healthcare organizations in the defined area can utilize Spirit of Women initiatives, marks, logos, or program content. Your hospital will be promoted nationally as the exclusive Spirit of Women hospital in the defined area.
- All Spirit programs, materials, publications, seminars, events, and health promotions are fully developed and market-ready. However, your hospital will own exclusive customization and implementation rights to the Spirit of Women name, brand, logos and all associated programming in your market.
- No. Your hospital will own exclusive implementation rights and license to the Spirit of Women name, brand, logos and all associated programming in the defined area of exclusivity. You may use any or all of the Spirit marks as primary or secondary service line identifiers as you choose. Our team can work with you to elevate and enhance any existing programs you may currently have in place.
- Immediately upon joining Spirit of Women, your orientation and implementation begins with Spirit University. At this two-day intensive session you will learn the ins and outs of Spirit of Women programming and strategy. You leave Spirit U with a customized strategic business plan which will guide the implementation of Spirit step by step. Within 60-90 days of attending Spirit U, your hospital will officially launch the strategy to internal (hospital), external (community) and media audiences.
- Most hospitals effectively implement Spirit of Women with a 0.25 – 1.0 FTE often from redeployed staff in similar roles. However, many hospitals implement Spirit of Women without any additional staffing. The most successful hospitals adopt a Spirit culture and excitement that spans across service line and hospital department boundaries with the understanding that the entire hospital and community benefit.
- Your hospital is assigned a dedicated Network Analyst from the national Spirit of Women headquarters who serves your champion and personal navigator to access all Spirit has to offer. Our team assists you on-site for the launch of your Spirit program and once each year for a strategic site visit. Additionally, Spirit provides you with consultative support from a host of hospital strategists and healthcare marketing experts as well as direct links to advocacy partners and resources. There are no additional consultative fees associated with ongoing support.
- The speed with which a hospital can generate measurable ROI depends upon each hospital’s unique strategic business plan and implementation timeline. However, most hospitals are able to demonstrate measurable gains in targeted service line volume within 90-days of implementation and measurable gains in downstream volume and revenue well within twelve months of launching of Spirit of Women.
- Spirit of Women is an all-inclusive program and individual components may not be purchased a la carte. In addition to Spirit of Women membership, Spirit provides solely at your option an additional cardiovascular business building program called HeartCaring® as well as Custom Publications including magazines, newsletters and e-communications based on volume and distribution.
- Spirit of Women is a market-ready program complete with all of the tools necessary to promote and implement. However, hospitals will incur routine expenses related to postage, venue rental, food/beverage and advertising buys. These costs vary greatly across the country but nationally, our hospitals report spending between $15,000 to 45,000 annually in program and event costs with only $10,000 to $15,000 of that figure considered “new” funding not already budgeted for existing marketing, outreach and education efforts. For a sample hospital pro forma income statement, click here.
- Spirit of Women hospitals have access to a physician engagement toolkit and operational guide called Spirit Physician Network. Additionally, every Spirit of Women program includes a physician engagement component and specific calls to action designed to involve your physicians at every turn and to build their practice volumes as well as yours. As an added benefit, many Spirit of Women programs include fully developed physician presentations with extensive sourced speaker’s notes.
- Spirit of Women has established relationships with the leading national health advocacy organizations in the United States including as the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the National Institutes for Health, the American Heart Association, and the American Cancer Society among many others. Our educational and clinical content comes directly from the source and is refreshed as national guidelines and recommendations are updated. Link to our Advocacy page.
- At about 50% of our hospitals, Spirit of Women lives in Marketing and Public Relations. In the other 50%, it lives within a clinical service line for Women’s Health outreach and education. Regardless of where it best fits at your organization, a key indicator of success is having a cross-functional steering committee comprised of strategic planning, marketing, and clinical resources to drive Spirit of Women decisions.
- Spirit of Women provides your hospital with a single source for an innovative, comprehensive and market-ready umbrella-approach for marketing all of your services to women. We save you the time, expense and human resources necessary to source and create an annual educational and creative platform. We provide you with unrestricted and exclusive access to a creative and content library spanning 14 successful years of marketing health to women. If your hospital implements nothing more than the annual Spirit of Women platform, you will effectively promote all of your hospital’s service lines to the key healthcare decision makers in your community.